Former All-American defensive back Tykee Smith has announced that he will return to Athens to play another season for Georgia in 2022.
Tykee Smith joins Safety Christopher Smith as the second defensive back to announce his return to Georgia in 2022.
Update NFL draft statements:
- January 15, 2022 – Georgia DB Tykee Smith returns to Athens
- January 15, 2022 – Georgia P Jake Camarda declares for 2022 NFL Draft
- January 15, 2022 – Georgia DB Derion Kendrick declares for 2022 NFL Draft
- January 15, 2022 – Georgia DL Devonte Wyatt declares for 2022 NFL Draft
- January 14, 2022 – Georgia S Lewis Cine declares for the 2022 NFL Draft.
- January 14, 2022 – Georgia LB Nakobe Dean declares for the 2022 NFL Draft.
- January 14, 2022 – Georgia DL Travon Walker declares herself for the 2022 NFL Draft.
- January 14, 2022 – Georgia WR George Pickens declares for the 2022 NFL Draft
- January 14, 2022 – Georgia RB Zamir White declares herself for the 2022 NFL Draft.
- January 12, 2022 – Georgia RB James Cook declares for the 2022 NFL Draft.
TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE
- January 15, 2022- Jalen Kimber moves to Florida
- January 15, 2022- Justin Robinson transfers to the state of Mississippi
- January 14, 2022 – Lovasea Carroll has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal
- January 13, 2022 – Latavious Brini has announced that he will enter the NCAA Transfer Portal
- January 12, 2022 – Sources confirm Georgia DB Jalen Kimber is in NCAA transfer portal
- January 12, 2022 – Georgia WR Justin Robinson has requested to enter the portal, according to sources.
- January 11, 2022 – Georgia WR Jaylen Johnson has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, according to sources
- January 11, 2022 – Sources confirm DB, Ameer Speed has entered the NCAA Transfer portal
The close of this season is now sparking the talk of draft-eligible players who could leave the program to pursue their dreams of becoming an NFL player. It also raises the question of which players may be returning for another season as Georgia Bulldogs, and with the extra year the NCAA qualifies because of COVID-19, things are going to be a mess.
The following players listed below are those who have completed the required three years in college football and are eligible to enter the 2022 NFL draw:
- Warren McClendon, OL, RS Sophomore
- George Pickens, WR, Junior *Declared NFL Draft
- Nolan Smith, LB, Juniors
- JT Daniels, QB, Junior
- Kenny McIntosh, RB, Juniors
- Lewis Cine, S, Junior *Declared NFL Draft
- Nakobe Dean, LB, Junior *Declared NFL Draft
- Tykee Smith, DB, Junior *Back to Athens
- Travon Walker, DL, Junior *Declared NFL Draft
- Warren Ericcson, OL, Junior
- John Fitzpatrick, TE, Senior
- James Cook, RB, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Zamir White, RB, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Quay Walker, LB, Seniors
- Kearis Jackson, WR, Senior
- Ameer Speed, DB, Senior *Entered Transfer Portal
- Jaylen Johnson, WR, Senior *Entered Transfer Portal
- Derion Kendrick, DB, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Stetson Bennett, QB, Senior
- Christopher Smith, DB, Senior *Returns to Georgia for 2022
- William Poole, DB, Senior
- Robert Beal Jr, LB, Senior
- Latavious Brini, DB, Senior *Entered transfer portal
- Channing Tindall, LB, Senior
- Justin Shaffer, OL, Senior
- Jamaree Salyer, OL, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Jake Carmada, P, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Julian Rochester, DL, Seniors
- Devonte Wyatt, DL, Senior *Declared NFL Draft
- Jordan Davis, DL, Seniors
As mentioned above, during last year’s season, all college athletes were given an extra year of eligibility due to the chaos caused by the global pandemic. Therefore, this means that a player who has completed all four years as a college football athlete may be eligible for the college player for another year.
This provides the opportunity for a player like Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett, who is currently a senior on the team, to still return for the 2022-23 college football season.
Prior to last season, Georgia had announced to a large number of players that they would be returning to the program for another season instead of signing up for the draft. With a long list of draft-eligible players, the coming month will be very interesting to see who decides to run for the draft, third-year players who return and those who take advantage of the extra year they enter. qualify for the draft. granted.
Brace yourself as things are about to get very interesting as to how Georgia’s roster is shaping up for the coming season.
As for the transfer portal, Kirby Smart mentioned in his championship press conference that they are also expecting quite a bit of portal moves, conversations they’ve already had with players about the departure.
You may also like:
Join the Community
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinSI
Subscribe HERE to our YouTube page
YesYou can follow us for future coverage by clicking “Follow” in the top right corner of the page. Also make sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven and follow us on Twitter at @BulldogsSI.