Hey chess lovers! With the end of 2021 approaching, now is a good time to look back at the penultimate month of the year and see what kept the teams busy over the past month.
One thing that kept us very busy was Players League, but more on that next month as it officially landed in December! Another was our Class feature—soon to be the best solution for everyone to watch or study games online after playing or during a coaching session!
But for now let’s dive into the stuff that ended up in it Nov 2021…
- The biggest story of the month is the release of Insights: Learn more about yourself as a player with a huge range of personal stats and analytics from all your games! View the announcement here!
- Search and the search results on the site are getting better and better this month with improved search results for features and cosmetic improvements to the search results list.
- We’ve also added logic improvements to the Club and Search username feature.
- Added some visual and functional improvements to sorting Forum posts and comments from Relevance.
- Format and style improvements for the game review feature.
- play in Events are now correctly sorted by round and table. There have actually been a LOT of small improvements to Events last month!
- To add more context to To chat messages in Daily games, each message will indicate the last move played when the chat was sent!
- Fancy something different? We have added a link to chess variants in the Game Type menu Play.
- We show now connection quality indicators when you are playing Focus mode.
- chess clocks have been visually modified to clarify whose move it is.
- We have some visual transition issues in the new one comment comments feature.
- We made auto abort alerts less frequently (and more time-controlled) in Play.
- Tournament standings are now updated every five seconds in the Play interface (instead of every 15 seconds.)
- Improved prompt asking if you want to play a material Opportunities game when sending a challenge.
- Made it easier to view members game archive without leaving the Play user interface. (If you select the Archive icon in a member pop-up in Play, you’ll see the games there in the Archive tab, rather than going to another page.)
- Made some changes to motion evaluation symbols and colors in Analysis (Game review).
- Also working on some really cool changes for you House page and the site navigation– stay tuned for more on this soon!
Last month, Team iOS release version 3.9.25 (6), with several minor fixes and improvements, a sharp new icon, and improved logic for Rematch Odds Games!
November was an important month for team Android, with many new features and improvements to the app!
- A new standalone Analysis board tool
- A Statistics overview screen with a summary of ratings and activity
- Improvements to House and Today screens
- Better styling for Messages
- A new startup screen
- Support for connected DGT chessboards
- 17,282 accounts closed for fair game (including 7 title players).
- 1,081,309 abuse reports were received.
- 55.256 stupid actions were taken.
- 45,508 individual accounts muted.
- 23,250 accounts closed for abuse.
Average response time: 24 hours, 50 minutes.
Total Support Responses: 31,403.
Average quality by member rating: 94% “Great” or better.
Total number of reviews: 3,668.
And that’s November! As always, thank you for taking the time to read and let us know what you think of the recent developments. We wish you a safe and happy end to 2021, and we’ll get back to you early next year, with one last look back at December – quite a big month! See you then!
⏮ October 2021・🗓・December 2021 ⏭