Make some memories of the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, January 24 to Sunday, January 30, 2022.
This week, enjoy a traveling circus, get a GOAT autograph, start the Lunar New Year and much more.
Do you know of an event that could be on the list? Give us a heads up [email protected] with a link to the official details of the event.
Top 9 things to do for kids and families in Houston this week
- Cirque Italia: Water Circus at Katy Mills Mall | Daily – Cirque Italia brings its traveling Water Circus to Katy, with a stage that holds 35,000 liters of water and over which performers perform amazing acrobatics. $25 to $50; $10 to $40 for ages 2 to 12. Times vary.
- Music Lesson for Kids in the Park at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday 27 January | FREE – Vivaldi Music Academy welcomes families with children ages 1 to 5 to join them for a fun morning of singing, dancing, and learning in Sugar Land Town Square. 10am to 10:45am.
- Kids Bingo in Levy Park | Thursday 27 January | FREE – Let the kids practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes at a bingo game in Levy Park. 4:30 in the afternoon.
- 5th Annual Simone Biles Invitational at the George R Brown Convention Center | Friday January 28 to Sunday January 30 – The 5th Annual Gymnastics Competitions will also feature an autograph with Simone Biles, the medal-winning gymnast from Houston’s own Olympic and World Championships. Day passes are $30 for ages 13 and older; $20 for ages 3 to 12. Signature sessions with Simone Biles are $200. Doors open Fridays at 9am; 8 am on Saturday and Sunday.
- Cocomelon’s JJ and Melon at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday January 29 – Take the kids to explore and learn with JJ and Melon at a Cocomelon-inspired event in the museum district. Included in general admission; $12 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 3pm.
- Family Magic and Comedy for All Ages with Carter Blackburn in Houston Improv | Saturday January 29 – Experience Carter Blackburn’s magic and comedy with the whole family in a show that blends energetic magic, illusions, juggling, sleight of hand, danger and plenty of audience interaction. $20 to $60. 2pm.
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa: The dream Tour of Toyota Center | Saturday January 29 – The dancer, singer and YouTube influencer arrives in Downtown on their debut tour in support of the EP releases, DREAM the music and Celebrate. $39.50 to $69.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the online marketplace TicketNetwork. 19:00.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday January 29 – Watch as 12,000-pound monster trucks reach towering heights in a heady display of motorsport mania. $20 to over $115, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the online marketplace TicketNetwork. 19:00.
- Lunar New Year 2022 in Lucky Land | Saturday January 29 & Sunday January 30 – Replicating historical and cultural attractions in China, North Houston amusement park is hosting its Year of the Tiger celebration, in this first of two weekends of lion dancing, magic, kung fu, Chinese dance performances, fine dining, souvenirs and more. $10; $7 for 65+; $5 for children ages 3 to 12; free for children under 3 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.