Creighton Bluejays in Nebraska Cornhuskers
Tuesday, January 25 at 5 p.m. CT
Sid and Hazel Dillon Tennis Center (Lincoln, Neb.)
live stream: https://huskers.com/sports/2019/8/21/womens-tennis-live-video-court-1.aspx
Live stats: http://sidearmstats.com/nebraska/wtennis/xlive.htm
The Nebraska women’s tennis team kicks off the 2022 spring season at home as it hosts Creighton on Tuesdays at the Sid and Hazel Dillon Tennis Center.
Live stream and stats are available from the links above. Updates will be posted on Huskers.com and @HuskerWTennis on Twitter.
• The Bluejays finished the 2020-21 season with an overall record of 10-6, including a 1-1 record in conference play.
• This year marks head coach Tom Lilly’s 25th season at the helm of Creighton’s women’s and men’s tennis programs. Lilly has been a part of Bluejay tennis for 32 years.
• This year Creighton has a roster of three freshmen, one sophomore, two juniors and four seniors.
• Nebraska is 19-0 all-time against the Creighton Bluejays, with the last win on February 1, 2020 at the Dillon Tennis Center.
• Creighton and NU last met in 2020 when the Huskers took a 4-0 win at the Sid and Hazel Dillon Tennis Center.
• The Huskers travel to Duke 6 Duke on Jan. 29 at 10:00 AM CT, then travel to Ames, IA., to face Iowa State on Feb. 4.
Two Freshmen Join Nebraska
• Lucy Loy, a native of Fishers, Ind., played club tennis at the Indianapolis Racquet Club for Coach Jamie Dieveney and competed for Fishers High School, under Coach Dave Heffern. A four-time letter winner, Loy received the All States Honorable Mention in 2018, the All States Second Team Awards in 2019, and the First Team Awards for All States in 2021. Loy was a Regional Finalist in 2019 and a Semifinalist of the state in 2021. club side, Loy was a Midwest Level 2 and 3 doubles winner and a Level 3 singles winner.
• A resident of La Crescenta, California, Jillian Roa was a standout player in high school, where she won the junior ITF singles title in Skopje, Macedonia. She was also the Balearic Islands Regional U18 Champion and reached the singles final in a junior ITF in Spain’s La Nucia.
Huskers bring experience back to lineup
• Sophomore Kristina Nova, Chloe Kuckelman, and freshman’s red shirt Ellie Kuckelman led the Huskers to singles wins in their final matchup with Creighton.
• This fall, Novak and Makoric advanced to the doubles quarterfinals at the ITA Regionals, while Roa advanced to the consolation draw semifinals.
• Chloe Kuckelman had an impressive spring season in 2021, playing out of the No. 4 and No. 5 positions, as they fell just two games short last season, finishing with 15 wins.
Novak claimed Slovenian title to close 2021
• Novak defeated Noka Juric 6-4, 6-3 to take the title and win the Slovenian National Championship in Medvode, Slovenia in December.
• With the Championship, she concluded an impressive year after earning First-Team All-Big Ten accolades for the 2020-21 season, while also being named in the Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll in both the Fall and the spring semester.