• Colorado State No. 22 remains in Moby Arena for the second consecutive Mountain West game, where UNLV takes place Friday, January 28 at 7:00 PM
• This is the third annual UCHealth Cancer Warriors game (#BiggerThanBasketball), as the CSU players will wear the names of several UCHealth Cancer Warriors on their shirts rather than their own, with many of the survivors and/or loved ones be present at the game.
• The game airs on FS1 with Dan Hellie and former Stanford champion and NBA player Casey Jacobsen on the phone.
• The audio will be available on the Colorado State Sports Radio Network (along with online at CSURams.com), featuring Brian Roth and Adam Nigon handling the broadcast. CSU Sports Network broadcasts can also be accessed on mobile devices through the Varsity Network app (free on all Apple and Android devices). Fans can use the app to instantly access free gameday audio streams and receive push notifications to remind them of games starting or upcoming audio broadcasts.
• The game also has live stats on CSURams.com.
10 degrees CSU basketball
1. With two starters and eight letter winners from last year’s 12-15 team, which finished 8-10 and seventh in the Mountain West, UNLV was picked to finish seventh in the league in the preseason poll.
2. UNLV has a significant advantage of 41-19 overall and 16-14 in Fort Collins. CSU has won nine of the last 11 meetings at Moby Arena, including the last three and last year’s two at CSU. Overall CSU is 9-8 since February 2012 against UNLV.
3. Overall, the 16-1 through 17 games is the best start to a season in the history of the program, surpassing the record of 15-2 of the 2014-15 Rams, who finished 27-7 and in played the NIT.
4. All-time, CSU is 15-15 in games played on January 28, but 11-6 in Fort Collins.
5. Head Coach Niko Medved now sits eighth in the CSU record book in coaching wins with 68 and second in winning percentage at 62.3 behind the late Boyd Grant (63.8%, 81-46).
6. The Rams have currently won 13 in a row, dating back to last season, at the Moby Arena. That equals the fourth longest run in the history of the arena and equals the sixth longest home win in the history of the program.
7. The Rams have done a great job of taking care of their belongings and making the most of them. CSU ranks 19th nationally with the fewest sales at 10.35 per game and 17th with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.47.
8. CSU outperforms opponents by an average of 7.8 points per game in the second half, including six games with 50 or more in the last 20 minutes.
9. This year CSU is 10-0 when the starters count at least 50.
10. In the last five games (won all), Graduated Guard Chandler Jacobs averages 9.4 points (3rd for CSU), 6.8 rebounds (#2 for CSU), 1.0steals and hit all 16 free throw attempts, many in the closing minutes of games.