Thursday 27 January
Syracuse at No. 20 Notre Dame | 18:00 | ACCN
Miami at Wake Forest | 7 p.m. | RSN
Virginia Tech in Virginia | 7 p.m. | ACCNX
Boston College at No. 14 Georgia Tech | 7 p.m. | ACCNX
Pitt at Clemson | 7 p.m. | ACCNX
North Carolina at number 21 Duke | 7 p.m. | ACCNX
Florida State at No. 5 Louisville | 8 p.m. | ACCN
sunday January 30
Pitt in Syracuse | afternoon | ACCN
Virginia in the state of Florida | afternoon | RSN
Boston College at No. 20 Notre Dame | 2 p.m. | ACCN
no. 21 Duke at No. 5 Louisville | 3 p.m. | ESPN
No. 3 NC State in North Carolina | 4 p.m. | ACCN
No. 14 Georgia Tech at Clemson | 18:00 | ACCN
Five ACC Teams Ranked in AP Poll
– Five ACC women’s basketball teams are ranked in the latest Associated Press Top 25 Poll – tied for most of any conference.
– Reigning ACC champion NC State heads the group at number 3 by one vote, while 2020-21 regular season champion Louisville is also in the top five at number 5. Georgia Tech is number 14, the highest ranking in program history, followed by No. 20 Notre Dame and No. 21 Duke. North Carolina and Virginia Tech got votes.
– In the USA TODAY/Coaches Poll, NC State is No. 3, followed by No. 4 Louisville, No. 17 Georgia Tech, No. 18 Notre Dame, No. 22 North Carolina and No. 23 Duke.
ACC WBB in net ranking
– Six ACC teams are in the top 25 in the most recent NET rankings – the most of all conferences. NC State leads the league at number 2, followed by number 4 Louisville, number 6 North Carolina, number 19 Virginia Tech, number 20 Notre Dame and number 24 Georgia Tech.
– Three additional ACC teams are among the top 60, including No. 37 Duke, No. 48 Boston College and No. 58 Florida State.
– The NET rankings are used to select teams for the NCAA tournament and are updated every day throughout the season.
First Top 16 NCAA Reveal Thursday Night
– This season’s first exclusive reveal of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Committee’s Top 16 seed rosters will take place during halftime of ESPN’s Thursday Night Showcase on January 27. The game features #1 South Carolina and Ole Miss at 6pm ET on ESPN.
– There will be two additional top 16 reveals this season during halftime of South Carolina vs. Kentucky on February 10 at 7 p.m. on ESPN and from No. 11 Baylor to No. 13 Iowa State on Feb. 28 at 7 p.m., on ESPN2.
NC State extends conference winning streak to 17
– After rallying to defeat Louisville last Thursday, NC State extended its streak of consecutive wins against conference opponents to 17 with a 51-45 win against Virginia Tech last Sunday.
– Additionally, NC State is the last remaining undefeated team in conference action, 9-0.
ACC places four on Naismith Women’s Defensive Player of the Year Watch List
– Four ACC student athletes have been named to the 2022 Naismith Women’s Defensive Player of the Year Watch List announced by the Atlanta Tipoff Club this week.
– The list includes Lorela Cubaj of Georgia Tech, Emily Engstler of Louisville, Elissa Cunane of NC State and Elizabeth Kitley of Virginia Tech.
– The Atlanta Tipoff Club will announce the Defensive Player of the Year semifinalists on February 28, and the winner of this year’s award will be determined over the Final Four weekend on April 1.
Debbie Antonelli among the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame finalists
Former NC State standout and current ESPN basketball analyst Debbie Antonelli is one of 12 Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Finalists, the organization announced Thursday.
– Antonelli is in her 34th college basketball season on the air, across multiple networks, earning two Emmy Awards and one Gracie Award for her stellar work in broadcasting.
– She was inducted into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame in 2021.
Virginia’s Thompson Receives NCAA Silver Anniversary Award
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Tina Thompson has been selected as the recipient of the 2022 NCAA Silver Anniversary Award.
– The award annually recognizes distinguished individuals on the 25th anniversary of the end of their athletic career. The honorees are selected by the NCAA Honors Committee, which is made up of representatives from NCAA member schools, conferences and eminent citizens, including past winners.
Thompson is one of six former student athletes to receive this year’s Silver Anniversary Award in recognition of their collegiate and professional achievements, as well as their community contributions. The Silver Jubilee winners were recognized at the annual Honors Celebration on Wednesday, January 19 in Indianapolis, Indiana during the 2022 NCAA convention. Also this year, Maiya Anderson (Air Force), Tim Duncan (Wake Forest), Warrick Dunn ( Florida State), Matthew Humphreys (UC Santa Cruz) and Katie King Crowley (Brown).
Milestones for coaching
– Jeff Walz of Louisville became the fourth active ACC head coach to take 400 wins with the Cardinals’ 63-53 victory over Boston College on Sunday, January 16. He joins Wes Moore of NC State, Sue Semrau of Florida State and Kenny Brooks of Virginia Tech.
– Courtney Banghart of North Carolina owns 298 career wins and is quickly approaching 300 for her career.
– NC State’s Moore holds 98 ACC wins, just four shy of 100.
– Four ACC teams are among the top 25 nationally in scoring defense – the most of any conference.
– Georgia Tech leads the country in scoring defense, limiting opponents to just 46.3 points per game.
– Louisville is second with 51.5 ppg, while North Carolina is 14th (53.1) and Virginia Tech 22nd (54.8).
– Three ACC teams are in the top 25 in the country in field goals, including two in the top 12.
– Boston College leads the conference, ranking third in the nation with a clip of 47.6, while NC State is 12th nationally with a 46.5 field goal percentage.
– Notre Dame is 23rd with a percentage of 45.7.