With the countdown to Super Rugby Pacific more than underway, the teams are starting to put the finishing touches to their pre-season campaigns.
After grueling training blocks, the Australian teams and Fijian Drua will begin trials this week, putting into practice what they’ve learned ahead of a pivotal 2022 season.
Watch every match of the 2022 Super Rugby Pacific season on Stan Sport. Start your free sports trial now
The action kicks off next Saturday as the Waratahs welcome the Brumbies to Bowral Rugby Club, which will be live via NSW Rugby TV powered by Cluch.
It also features the reigning Super W Champions Waratahs who face each other in a City v Country Origin match within the squad as they begin preparations to defend their nearly five-year undefeated streak.
Darren Coleman’s team will then take on a roster of Shute Shield teams Western Sydney Two Blues, West Harbor and Hunter Wildfires in 25 minutes third at the brand new Eric Tweedale Stadium in Granville on Saturday, February 5th.
They finalize their preparations at Roma on February 12 against the Reds at Roma Echidnas Rugby Club.
The game will be featured on the Reds’ YouTube channel, as well as their showdown with the Force on February 5 in Ballymore.
Meanwhile, the Brumbies have confirmed that they will host an intra-squad trial after the game against the Waratahs before starting the regular season against the Western Force on February 19.
FINAL: Sevens side claims bronze in semi-final
CULTURE OF LOVE: Rebels build connection
TO LEARN: Scott-Young motivated after NPC stint
Finally, the rebels will ramp up their preparations in a crucial hit against the Drua on Thursday, February 12 in Harlequins.
They will be trying to build after their emphatic 35-14 win over the Waratahs in a pre-Christmas trial.
Both the Rebels ‘A’ and the Brumbies Runners will then face each other twice on February 12 and March 26.
The February trial will act as a double header with their respective Super W sides as they look to build ahead of a pivotal season.
The Western Force was scheduled to play the Fijian Drua in Ballina on January 30, but the trial was canceled due to border controls.
Further broadcast details for the trials will be confirmed in the coming days
*all times local
- Saturday January 29: NSW Waratahs v Brumbies/Super W: Waratahs City v Waratahs Country, Bowral Blacks Rugby Club, Bowral (5:30 PM) – Live on NSW Rugby TV powered by Cluch
- Saturday 5 February Waratahs v Shute Shield sides Western Sydney Two Blues, West Harbor and Hunter Wildfire, Eric Tweedale Oval, Granville (from 4pm)
- Saturday 5 February Queensland Reds vs Western Force, Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane – Live on Red’s YouTube/Website
- Thursday 10 February: Melbourne Rebels v Fijian Drua, Harlequins Rugby Club, Melbourne (6:00 PM)
- Saturday February 12: Queensland Reds v NSW Waratahs, Roma Echidnas Rugby Club, Roma (7:30 PM) – Live on Red’s YouTube/Website
- Saturday February 12: Brumbies W v Melbourne Rebels, Lavington Sports Ground, Albury (2pm)
- Saturday February 12: Brumbies Runners v Melbourne Rebels A, Lavington Sports Ground, Albury (2pm)
- Saturday March 26: Brumbies Runners v Melbourne Rebels A, Greenfield Park (2:00 PM)