Men’s Swimming and Diving | February 15, 2022
GENEVA, OHIO – With the regular season complete, La Salle swimming & diving are in Ohio for the Atlantic 10 Championships running from Wednesday, Feb. 16 through Saturday, Feb. 19.
The full schedule of events can be found here, with the prelims and finals of each day streaming live on ESPN+.
WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING MEET NOTES:
- La Salle finished in seventh in the 2021 championship, led by Sara Rizzetto’s gold medal performance in the 200-yard back. The Kriftel, Germany native also took the silver medal in the 200-yard free, and the bronze in the 200-yard IM.
- diver Phoebe Shaya joins Rizzetto as a returning medalist, having medaled in the one-meter dive in the 2021 and 2019 championships, as well as the three-meter in the 2020 A-10 finals.
- The Explorers enter this week’s championship with a dual record of 4-5 in the 2021-22 season.
- La Salle picked up a road win over Monmouth in their most recent dual, 163-98.
- Rizzetto tallied her 10th individual win of the season, taking the top spot in the 1000-yard free to give her victories in five different events this season.
- Sam Boyes swept the butterfly events for the third-consecutive meet against Fordham, while Brynn Peterson† Megan Heist† Anne Moserand Megan Gaffney all added solo wins.
- Shaya continued her standout season with a win in the three-meter against the Hawks.
MEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING MEET NOTES
- The Explorers return to the Atlantic 10 championships a season removed from placing sixth in the 2021 finals.
- Senior Zachary Wolbert is La Salle’s leading returner, having racked up five medals in his previous three trips to the A-10 finals.
- Wolbert took the gold in the 200-yard fly in his first appearance in 2019, and has added silver medals in the 400-yard IM, 200-yard fly (twice), as well as a bronze in the 400-yard IM
- diver Sam Henninger also returns with a gold medal for La Salle, placing first in the 2021 A-10 finals in the one-meter dive.
- Fellow diver Steven Stasolla adds a pair of bronze medals, placing third in the one-meter dive in both 2021 and 2019.
- In their final home dual of the season, La Salle picked up a win over A-10 rival Fordham in a 150-136 final.
- Three-different Explorers tallied multiple individual wins in the dual victory over the Rams in Jake Kramer (1000-yard, 500-yard free), Wolbert (200-yard IM, 200-yard free), and Liam McFadden (100-yard, 200-yard fly).
DAY ONE EVENTS:
Prelims: Women’s 1M Dive
Finals: W’s 1M Diving, W’s 200 Medley Relay, M’s 200 Medley Relay, W’s 800 Free Relay, M’s 800 Free Relay
The A-10 will require that masks be worn by all spectators in attendance of the 2022 Swimming & Diving Championships held at SPIRE Institute to ensure the safety of our student-athletes. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in removal from the facility.