Ciulla-Hall was one of four Skyhawks to have multiple hits Sunday (Photo Courtesy: Stonehill College Athletics).
WINTER PARK, Fla. (March 6, 2022)- Despite a Chris Robertic three-run home run, Stonehill could not pull past No. 16 Rollins College who topped the Skyhawks, 14-7 Sunday afternoon at Alfond Stadium.
- The Skyhawks jumped out to an early 2-0 lead thanks to RBIs from Noah Lucier and Lidsky† Lucier ended up driving in Conor Kiely who started the inning off after getting hit by a pitch. Later in the inning, Lidsky drove in Matt Farragher who reached on a single after Kiely’s at-bat.
- However, the Tars reclaimed the lead with a three-run third inning that featured a single to center from the bat of Nick Santucci.
- Despite Rollins taking back the lead, Stonehill responded in the top half of the fourth inning when Roberti launched a three-run homer to left-center and gave the Skyhawks a 5-3 advantage. Mike Swanholm started off the inning with a walk and then Ciull-Hall singled to put runners on first and second before Roberti’s home run.
- after a Chase Achuff single in the bottom of the fourth cut the deficit to one (5-4), the Tars exploded for eight runs in the seventh and increased their lead to seven (12-5). In their eight-run inning, Rollins featured two home runs by Santucci and Joey Rubin†
- Stonehill trimmed the Rollins lead to five (12-7) by plating two runs in the eighth. Jack Marshall hit a single to right-center and scored Lidsky after he had reached from a single that led off the frame. Later in the inning, Ciulla-Hall took advantage of a wild pitch to score.
- Jonathan Rice got the start for the Skyhawks and went four innings, gave up four hits, four runs, and struck out two in his first start of the year.
Win: Rollins-Steven Swift (1-0)
Loss: Stonehill-Brendan Kelly (0-1)
Stonehill is back at it tomorrow morning at 10 am when they take on American International College. no. 16 Rollins College has a day off before Notre Dame College (Ohio) on Tuesday, March 8 at 1 pm
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter† facebook and Instagram† Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks “Front Row” mobile apppowered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.