Cheltenham Festival is set to return this month with the famous Gold Cup taking place on the final day of the event.
The biggest week in horse racing is almost upon us as fans prepare to flock to Prestbury Park for the first time in two years.
The 2021 Cheltenham Festival was held behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 pandemic and will make its highly anticipated return this month.
The festival will see the likes of Honeysuckle, Shishkin and Minella Indo feature, with the British trainers eager to impress after the Irish dominated last year with wins in 23 of the Festival’s 28 races.
Here is all you need to know about this year’s Cheltenham Festival…
when is it?
The 2022 Cheltenham Festival will kick off on Tuesday 15 March, lasting for four days until it comes to an end on Friday 18 March.
There are seven races each day, with the first race at 1:30pm and the last at 5:30pm.
Tuesday 15 March
- 1:30pm – Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 2:10pm – Arkle Challenge Trophy
- 2:50pm – Ultima Handicap Chase
- 3:30pm – Champion Hurdle
- 4:10pm – Mares Hurdle
- 4:50pm – Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 5:30pm – National Hunt Chase
Wednesday 16 March
- 1:30pm – Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- 2:10pm – Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase
- 2:40pm – Coral Cup
- 3:30pm – Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 4:10pm – Cross Country Chase
- 4:50pm – Grand Annual
- 5:30pm – Champion Bumper
Thursday 17 March
- 1:30pm – Turners Novices’ Chase
- 2:10pm – Pertemps Network Final
- 2:40pm – Ryanair Chase
- 3:30pm – Stayers’ Hurdle
- 4:10pm – Cheltenham Plate
- 4:50pm – Mares Novices’ Hurdle
- 5:30pm – Kim Muir Challenge Cup
Friday March 18
- 1:30pm – Triumph Hurdle
- 2:10pm – County Hurdle
- 2:50pm – Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- 3:30pm – Gold Cup
- 4:10pm – Foxhunters’ Chase
- 4:50pm – Mares’ Chase
- 5:30pm – Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle
How to get tickets
Non-hospitality tickets for Thursday and Friday are now sold out, however they are still available for the opening two days.
Ticket prices begin at £40 for the ‘Best Mate Enclosure’, with more expensive tickets available depending on the tier you opt for.
For full ticket information visit the Cheltenham Festival website here.
At the time of writing (March 6), BBC Weather expects mostly cloudy and dry weather for those attending Cheltenham Festival 2022.
• Light rain and a gentle breeze
•Light cloud and a gentle breeze
• Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze
• Light cloud and a gentle breeze
Cheltenham Gold Cup odds
Here are the odds for Friday’s Cheltenham Gold Cup race.