Women’s Tennis | March 11, 2022
the no. 20 USC women’s tennis team whipped up a solid win at Marks Stadium today (March 11), taking out visiting Pac-12 rival Arizona State, 4-1. The Trojans followed a doubles point win with three singles victories, only allowing the Sun Devils to snag one point. The win improves USC to 8-7 overall, 2-1 in Pac-12 play.
There was no stopping USC’s No. 49 ranked doubles duo of Eryn Cayetano and Grace Piper, as they scooped up a 6-2 win on center court, defeating ASU’s No. 56 Spaka/Turkovic. The Sun Devils duo of Hill/Jankowski downed USCs Sloane Morra†Salma Ewing 6-4 on court three to leave the doubles point decision in the hands of Naomi Cheong and Snow Han on court two. Cheong/Han battled to defeat ASU’s Gallagher/Morlet 7-6(4) and win the doubles point for USC.
The transition to singles saw McKenna Koenig hit the gas early, taking a 5-0 lead on her respective Arizona foe. Koenig cruised right along, picking up a 6-1, 6-2 win over Natasha Hill on court six to tally USC’s first singles win of the day. Next up was a quick finish from No. 6 Eryn Cayetano on court two, as she beat Domenika Turkovic 6-4, 6-2. ASU’s Cali Jankowski collected the Sun Devils only point of the day with a 6-4,6-4 decision on court four against Grace Piper† no. 60 Snow Han came through with her second consecutive clincher, taking the Trojans ahead 4-1 with her 6-2, 6-4 decision over Sedona Gallagher on court three.
With the match clinched, action on courts one and five was suspended with No. 29 Salma Ewing up 6-4, 3-4 (C1) over Morlet ASU. on five, Naomi Cheong led ASUs Patricija Spaka 6-4, 5-4.
Tomorrow, the Women of Troy will host a pair of matches at Marks Stadium, beginning at 12 pm against Arizona. They’ll follow it up with a match against Hawaii Pacific 4 pm PT.
#20 USC 4, #30 Arizona State 1
March 10, 2022 | Marks Stadium – Los Angeles, CA
1. #49 Eryn Cayetano†Grace Piper (USC) def. #56 Patricija Spaka/Domenika Turkovic (ASU) – 6-2
2. Naomi Cheong†Snow Han (USC) def. Sedona Gallagher/Guilia Morlet (ASU) – 7-6(7-4)
3. Natasha Hill/Cali Jankowski (ASU) def. Sloane Morra†Salma Ewing (USC) – 6-4
Order of finish: 1,3.2
USC wins doubles point.
1. #29 Salma Ewing(USC) vs. Guilia Morlet (ASU) – 6-4, 3-4 SUSP.
2. #6 Eryn Cayetano(USC) def. Domenika Turkovic (ASU) – 6-4, 6-2
3. #60 Snow Han (USC) Sedona Gallagher (ASU) – 6-2, 6-4*
4. Cali Jankowski (ASU) def. Grace Piper (USC) – 6-4, 6-4
5. Naomi Cheong (USC) vs. Patricija Spaka (ASU) – 6-4, 5-4 SUSP.
6. Mckenna Koenig (USC) def. Natasha Hill (ASU) – 6-1, 6-2
Order of finish: 6, 2, 4, 3*