Morning, people of Glen Burnie! It’s me again, Michele, your host of the Glen Burnie Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny, hot and humid. High: 92 Low: 75. Summer…has arrived!
Here are the top stories in Glen Burnie today:
- Suspect, Inari Ramiar Molina, pleads guilty to murdering Brian Gifford in 2019. mr. Gifford was found 10 days after he pulled into a parking lot on Aquahart Road in Glen Burnie. He was found stabbed to death. It seems the murder was a completely random act of violence. (Baltimore Sun)
- The 2022 Click It or Ticket campaign starts Monday, May 23 and runs through June 5. More than 35 law enforcement agencies across the state will be joining in this effort. This campaign helps spread awareness that seat belts save lives. (The Southern Maryland Chronicle)
- The Smoke Vape shop in Pasadena was robbed Thursday. The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black and showed a gun. He fled the scene with an undetermined amount of money. He has not been found yet. (newsbreak)
- There is such a thing as a thief with a conscious, at least in this case there was. As a car pulled into a driveway on Telegraph Road in Severn, four suspects banged on the windows demanding the driver hand over the car. Luckily, the thieves let the car owner take his small child out of the car before it was stolen. (newsbreak)
- Sadly, a motorcyclist was killed in an accident Thursday around 4:20 pm The accident occurred at the intersection of Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard and Ritchie Highway. The collision happened when the motorcycle collided with a car turning left from Ritchie Highway on to Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard. The motorcyclist was pronounced dead on scene, the passenger of the car suffered non-life threatening injuries and the driver was unhurt. (Facebook)
Today at Glen Burnie:
- The Benson-Hammond House spring craft fair and flea market is happening today from 8 am – 3 pm Come browse of 50 vendors! (Burbio)
- HFM bowling event at Glen Burnie Bowl today 12 – 3 pm This is a community connection day for kids, teens and young adults with bleeding disorders. (Event Brit)
- Paint your own crab stepping stone today from 12 – 3 pm Tickets are $50. Come design your own stone. (MD Glass Creations)
- Orchard Beach Volunteer Fire Department is hosting “Cash Bingo”. The cost is $35 if tickets were bought online and $40 at the door. That’s awfully cheap for a chance to win $1000! (All Events)
From my notebook:
- Summer has arrived! Temperatures are expected to be high and very humid. Due to these conditions Anne Arundel County is opening “cooling” stations. Police stations, senior centers and libraries will be open to the public and all facilities are accessible and have air conditioning, water, and restroom facilities. (WMAR 2)
- Maryland is known for many things…crabs, the state flag and the HOT weather! Drink plenty of water, do not over exert yourself, stay in the shade and wear sunscreen are just a few things to do during a heat wave. Click on the link for more information, tips and tricks to stay cool. (Red Cross)
- Animals are also susceptible to heat related ailments. Make sure your furry friend has plenty of water, shade and keep them inside if at all possible during a heatwave. Click the link to learn more on how to keep our buddies safe in the “dog days” of summer. (Human Society)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you soon.