Happy Friday, neighbors! Let’s get you all caught up to start today off on an informed note.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and warmer. High: 90 Low: 75.
Here are the top three stories today in Catonsville:
- As of yesterday evening, local teen Talia Whitehurst is still missing. The 15-year-old was last seen on the morning of May 18 in the Catonsville High School area. She is five feet tall and 100 pounds, and she is possibly wearing ripped shorts. Anyone with information is being asked to call 911 or 410-307-2020. (Shore News Network)
- Comptroller Franchot says he is against the sale of Spring Grove Hospital Center Campus to UMBC. He said the whole process was “unusual and hurried,” there was a lack of community input in the decision, and there will be potential consequences for the hospital and those who need the mental health services that the hospital offers. (Fox Baltimore)
- Two homes have just been listed for sale in Catonsville! Be the first to check out the newest homes on the market. (Catonsville Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner† Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can count on — while simultaneously keeping your home safe and secure.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
- Brightview Senior Living in Catonsville brought Subway lunch for the officers at Wilkens Precinct for National Police Week! †Twitter†
- State Fare is up for “Best Lunch” for The Baltimore Sun’s Best! the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce urges Catonsville residents to vote for State Fare! Click here to vote, then scroll down to the “Lunch” category, and click “vote” next to “State Fare.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale (May 21)
- Self Defense In & Around a Vehicle (May 21)
- Kindness for Paws Art Show (May 22)
- A Space to Mourn – A memorial service for reproductive loss (May 25)
- CRAFTS GALORE! (a series of craft shows) (May 28)
- Add your event
That’s it for today! See you all tomorrow morning for your next update.
† Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around the city, and coffee!