Hello! It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Manchester Daily. Here’s what’s happening in our community today.
First, today’s weather:
Breezy in the afternoon. High: 79 Low: 63.
Here are the top stories in Manchester today:
- A beautiful garden on the Isle of Shoals, planted by the well-loved poet Celia Thaxter over a century ago, will be in bloom this year “after a two-year hiatus,” according to a recent UNH article. The garden, on Appledoir Island, is only a short boat ride from the New Hampshire coast. The garden is maintained by the Shoals Marine Laboratory, which is jointly run by the University of New Hampshire and Cornell University. (UNH.edu)
- If you are heading to the Seacoast this weekend, police in Rye, New Hampshire, are asking drivers to watch their speed. Over the last month, officers said they clocked drivers going “double the posted 30 and 35 mph speed limits.” Police are concerned this could lead to “serious or even fatal crashes.” Driver’s should be aware that the police will be issuing tickets to “anyone driving at unreasonable speeds.” Enjoy the nice weather and the seacoast, but drive safely!(WMUR)
- If you like to bowl, Lakeside Lanes is offering a summer bowling special. On Wednesdays, you can bowl from 6 to 8 pm for only $10. Here are a few fun facts from their website: Did you know bowling burns 100 calories per hour? Or that 3 games are equal to 1 mile of walking? You can find out more here: (Lakeside Lanes)
- Summer Swag Giveaway! The Manchester Daily is growing, and we would love to get the word out about everything Manchester. To kick off the summer, we are offering a chance to win free Patch swag for anyone that signs up for The Manchester Daily; a 5-minute roundup of the best local stories and fun events. The giveaway will run through June 27, 2022. Click on this link if you or someone you know may like to sign up! Also, let us know how we’re doing. Email me with your event and story ideas at my email below. (patch)
Today in Manchester:
- The Scoop – Greater Manchester Chamber. (9 a.m.)
- Book Group: Evening Discussion – Goffstown Public Library. (6:30 pm)
- PYT: Oliver! Jr. – The Rex Theatre. (7 pm)
You’re officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with another update.
† Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Manchester Daily? Contact me at email@example.com.